Monday, May 30, 2011

Sleep Can Wait! Beat the Sunrise!- New Balance Sundown Marathon!


28/05/2011 marks a very special day for me, because it's a personal breakthrough for myself! After delaying myself for almost 2years, I set myself for a marathon finally. Missed the previous due to missing out the registration date and part of myself feel i'm not prepared for it.



This is my New Balance running singlet and race bib! Nice Number? Try to buy 4D haha.




A picture taken before the run with Wei Kwang(mid) and Sebastian(right). I think this is a very interesting photo taking machine by Baicapture. I think the quality of the picture is very good. We need to pose 4 different kinds of poses, but you know we are rather shy and don't know what kind of posture to post. Haha, so u see there's one repetition



The marathon is 42.195km. I must admit that i have not been preparing for this run even though i registered quite early. It was a very tiring journey, not in the stamina and mentally wise but rather our poor legs. My friend always say "Why pay to torture yourself?" and i finally understand what he meant. But nevertheless, the sastifaction of completing the race with your sheer determination is what makes it worthwhile. In the midst of the run, i actually have the thought to give up the run, but i'm keep telling myself, I have already come all the way here, so don't give up. With this i beared the pain to finish my race.Any yes! I managed to finish the race and get the finisher's medal and shirt!


I have not regret to join the race despite the aftermath of the run; aching all over. It's a really nice bonding session with my friends(we chatted while we walked towards the finishing point.) And also a very good chance for me to observe the people. There's a lot of interesting thing during the race of course! Like how a guy farted 3 consecutive loud farts, the light bulb woman and other interesting observations on the people. Will this be my first and last marathon? I have told my friends that i won't be joining full marathon anymore but on the another hand i feel like joing the upcoming Standard Chartered Marathon, provided i have train myself for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment